There is so much to do in Margaret River you will need at least two days, if not three, better still a full week!
I recommend the Margaret River Discovery Tour or Best of the Best Wine Tour early in your stay so you can develop a real feel for the region. And obtain some local advice on making the most of your holiday.
Top Ten List of things to do in Margaret River
1. Experience a long lunch at a leading winery restaurant
2. Watch the sun set over the Indian Ocean (and breathe some of the cleanest purest air on the planet).
3. Canoe the traquil Margaret River
4. Go off road exploring in the Leeuwin Naturaliste National Park and drive through the majestic Boranup Forest
5. Walk a section of the Cape to Cape Track
6. Taste some of Australia’s best Chardonnay and Cabernet Sauvignon
7. Visit the art and craft galleries of the region
8. Encounter the underground wonder of the Caves (Jewel Cave a personal favourite)
9. See where two oceans meet at the Leeuwin Lighthouse, Augusta (and meet WA Tour Guide of the Year – Paul Sofilas)
10. Experience some wellness with a massage, spa treatment or a sweaty yoga session.
The good news is that a Margaret River Discovery Tour includes at least six of the top ten things to do! The Margaret River Discovery Tour and Best of the Best Wine Tour are currently on special at $165 for internet bookings (20% saving). Email email@example.com
6 November 2010: Burning of the Vine Cuttings at Leeuwin Estate
6 November 2010: Evening of Song with Ruby Philogene at Xanadu
7 November 2010: Anaconda Adventure Race – Augusta
13 November 2010: Margaret River Farmers Market – Old Hospital, Tunbridge Street
13 November 2010: Cape Mentelle International Cabernet Tasting
21 November 2010: Annual Indian Indulgence Lunch at Cullen Wines
27 November 2010: Margaret River Farmers Market – Old Hospital, Tunbridge Street
1-31 December 2010 Deborah Zibah – Boranup Gallery Artist of the Month
3 – 5 December 2010: Australian Chamber Orchestra at Vasse Felix
11 December 2010: Margaret River Farmers Market – Old Hospital, Tunbridge Street
18 December 2010: Margaret River Farmers Market – Old Hospital, Tunbridge Street
And dont forget to book now for the big concert events of 2011!
19 & 20 February 2011: Roxy Music at Leeuwin Estate
6 March 2011: Michael Bublé at Sandalford Margaret River
The Margaret River Discovery Company is available for transfers to these events. Travel in style in a luxury Landrover Discovery that comfortably seats 6 passengers.
Please give me a call on 04399 100 64 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for a quote.
Margaret River Discovery Tours
Sean Blocksidge is the owner operator of the Margaret River Discovery Company, an avid photographer, blogger and South West WA ambassador. In 2010 he won Western Australian Guide of the Year and his tours have been rated the #1 thing to do in Australia on the Tripadvisor website for the past two years.