Get out of the car and into the photo, have a whole lot of fun experiencing Margaret River’s great outdoors while tasting some of the regions wines and meeting the people who make them!
It’s the wine and nature lovers’ experience with the works. Limited to only 6 guests, travelling in a luxury 4WD, this is the tour for people who don’t do tours.We demystify the French wine concept of Terroir and discover why the Margaret River produces some of the world’s best wine. Connect with nature then match your favourite wine with fresh local produce while we lunch in the barrel room at one of the region’s emerging superstar wineries.
- Start the day with a canoe trip down a stunning section of the tranquil Margaret River. You won’t get wet, dirty or fall in. It’s a peaceful beginning to our day of highlights.
- We then head to the beach to see how the winemakers relax – a coffee while we check the surf at one of the region’s top beach breaks.
- Our next stop is an ancient waterhole to spot freshwater Marron and wildlife and to taste local honey while we reflect on Aboriginal history dating back more than 30,000 years.
- Lunch at one the region’s most celebrated emerging superstar wineries –Fraser Gallop Estate – is our next highlight. We have exclusive access to the working winery and vineyard and savour some of the best wines in the region matched with local produce while seated among barrels of ageing wine.
- We finish our day with a 4WD adventure and walk on a spectacular section of the Cape to Cape Track – the Wilyabrup Cliffs. We have special government approval to use a 4WD track that offers stunning cliff top views. High above the Indian Ocean the epic scenery, fresh sea breezes and surrounding ancient soils provide a deeper understanding of the unique terroir of the Margaret River region. Dolphins, sharks, whales, kangaroos, eagles and wildflowers are seasonal, but all possible.
Only $208 per person (5 ½ hours) Includes gourmet lunch and premium wine. Book via email to receive special direct rate of $188ea.
If you only have a few days in Margaret River and looking for the best overall experience this is the tour for you.
Rated as the #1 Margaret River tour experience on Tripadvisor for eight consecutive years. Small group personalised touring with WA Guide of the Year – Sean Blocksidge.
Includes canoeing, hiking, 4WDing and exclusive wine lunch experience among the barrels at a working winery.
Margaret River Discovery Tour Highlights
- Discover the remote Wilyabrup coastal cliffs with a short guided walk along the Cape to Cape track.
- Gourmet lunch at an exclusive private wine estate including a winery tour and opportunity to meet the Winemaker.
- Reflect on Aboriginal heritage and culture with a luxury 4WD trip to the dreamtime site of Yalgardup Falls.
- Substantial lunch with a diverse selection of regional produce including local cheese & olives.
- Canoe a stunning section of the tranquil Margaret River (you wont get wet or dirty and wont fall in!).
- Wonder at the biodiversity of the forest including wildflower, whale and bird spotting (seasonal).
- Small group of no more than 6 people.
- The Margaret River Discover Tour is run Monday to Friday only.
Margaret River Discovery Tour Gallery