There is so much to do in Margaret River you will need at least two days, if not three, better still a full week!
I recommend the Margaret River Discovery Tour or Best of the Best Wine Tour early in your stay so you can develop a real feel for the region. And obtain some local advice on making the most of your holiday.
Top Ten List of things to do in Margaret River
1. Experience a long lunch at a leading winery restaurant
2. Watch the sun set over the Indian Ocean (and breathe some of the cleanest purest air on the planet).
3. Canoe the tranquil Margaret River
4. Go off road exploring in the Leeuwin Naturaliste National Park and drive through the majestic Boranup Forest
5. Walk a section of the Cape to Cape Track
6. Taste some of Australia’s best Chardonnay and Cabernet Sauvignon
7. Visit the art and craft galleries of the region
8. Encounter the underground wonder of the Caves (Jewel Cave a personal favourite)
9. See where two oceans meet at the Leeuwin Lighthouse, Augusta (and meet WA Tour Guide of the Year – Paul Sofilas)
10. Experience some wellness with a massage, spa treatment or a sweaty yoga session.
The good news is that a Margaret River Discovery Tour includes at least six of the top ten things to do!
Margaret River Discovery Tours
Sean Blocksidge is the owner operator of the Margaret River Discovery Company, an avid photographer, blogger and South West WA ambassador. In 2010 he won Western Australian Guide of the Year and his tours have been rated the #1 thing to do in Australia on the Tripadvisor website for the past two years.