OPRAH WINFREY IN WESTERN AUSTRALIA
Who ever came up with idea of flying Oprah Winfrey and her audience out to Australia with John Travolta flying a Qantas plane is pure genius!
The chat show queen announced the plan to a screaming audience, telling them that they were invited too.
The December visit – understood to be about ten days – will see Oprah and her audience tour Australia before it culminates in a show at the Sydney Opera House, or Oprah House, as headlines are already putting it. She told the audience: “This is my last chance to do something really big. Maybe I should take all of you with me to the other side of the world. We’re going to Australia!”
We can only hope the same marketing genius includes Margaret River in the itinerary. Americans like things BIG and significant so here’s a shortlist to consider …..
• The MOST spectacular wine region on the planet
• Evidence of some of the longest known permanent Aboriginal occupation in the country at 50,000 years
• Home to the tallest trees in Australia, the Karri Tree at 90 metres
• Two time winner of the biggest surfed wave in the world
• Recent winner of the best Chardonnay in the world- Cullen Kevin John 2007
• “The Amazon of Australia” as the country’s only internationally recognised biodiversity hotspot
C’mon Oprah, come visit us for an extraordinary experience in Western Australia.
Margaret River Discovery Tours
Sean Blocksidge is the owner operator of the Margaret River Discovery Company, an avid photographer, blogger and South West WA ambassador. In 2010 he won Western Australian Guide of the Year and his tours have been rated the #1 thing to do in Australia on the Tripadvisor website for the past two years.