• Start the day with a canoe trip down a stunning section of the tranquil Margaret River. You won’t get wet, dirty or fall in. It’s a peaceful beginning to our day of highlights.
• We then head to the beach to see how the winemakers relax – a coffee while we check the surf at one of the region’s top beach breaks.
• Our next stop is an ancient waterhole to spot freshwater Marron and wildlife and to taste local honey while we reflect on Aboriginal history dating back more than 30,000 years.
• Lunch at one the region’s most celebrated emerging superstar wineries –Fraser Gallop Estate – is our next highlight. We have exclusive access to the working winery and vineyard and savour some of the best wines in the region matched with local produce while seated among barrels of ageing wine.
• We finish our day with a 4WD adventure and walk on a spectacular section of the Cape to Cape Track – the Wilyabrup Cliffs. We have special government approval to use a 4WD track that offers stunning cliff top views. High above the Indian Ocean the epic scenery, fresh sea breezes and surrounding ancient soils provide a deeper understanding of the unique terroir of the Margaret River region.
Other things to note
A lot of people are concerned about the canoeing. Those same people usually rate it the highlight of the day ! Rest assured it’s a calm tranquil river and stable canoes, you won’t get wet or dirty and definitely won’t fall in. We have a 100% success rate of keeping people clean and dry.
4. Go off road exploring in the Leeuwin Naturaliste National Park and drive through the majestic Boranup Forest
5. Walk a section of the Cape to Cape Track
6. Taste some of Australia’s best Chardonnay and Cabernet Sauvignon
7. Visit the art and craft galleries of the region
8. Encounter the underground wonder of the Caves (Jewel Cave a personal favourite)
9. See where two oceans meet at the Leeuwin Lighthouse, Augusta (and meet WA Tour Guide of the Year – Paul Sofilas)
10. Experience some wellness with a massage, spa treatment or a sweaty yoga session.
The Margaret River Discovery Tour is currently on special at $188 for internet bookings (normally $208ea).
Margaret River Discovery Tours
Sean Blocksidge is the owner operator of the Margaret River Discovery Company, an avid photographer, blogger and South West WA ambassador. In 2010 he won Western Australian Guide of the Year and his tours have been rated the #1 thing to do in Australia on the Tripadvisor website for the past two years.