It can be difficult to find an appropriate Margaret River family tour that keeps both the children and the parents happy. You’ll need a bit of outdoor adventure to wear the kids out and some quality wine to keep the smiles on the parents.
Good news! You just found the perfect combination Margaret River family tour experience.
The Margaret River Discovery Tour has been rated the #1 family private tour experience for ten consecutive years. Hosted by WA Guide of the Year – Sean Blocksidge.
Get out of the kids off the iPads and out of the car and into nature, have a whole lot of fun experiencing Margaret River’s great outdoors while the big kids get to taste some of the regions wines and meeting the people who make them!
It’s the perfect family experience with the works. Travelling in a luxury Landrover Discovery 4WD, this is the tour for people who don’t do tours.
We demystify the French wine concept of Terroir and discover why the Margaret River produces some of the world’s best wine. Connect with nature then match your favourite wine with fresh local produce while we lunch in the barrel room at one of the region’s emerging superstar wineries.
- Start the day with a canoe trip down a stunning section of the tranquil Margaret River. You won’t get wet, dirty or fall in. It’s a peaceful beginning to our day of highlights. Perfect for children of all ages (100% safe guaranteed!)
- We then head to the beach to see how the winemakers relax – a coffee for the parents or hot chocolate for the kids while we check the surf at one of the region’s top beach breaks.
- Our next stop is an ancient waterhole to spot freshwater Marron and wildlife and a very special local honey tasting experience for the children while we reflect on Aboriginal history dating back more than 30,000 years.
- Lunch at one the region’s most celebrated emerging superstar wineries –Fraser Gallop Estate – is our next highlight. We have exclusive access to the working winery and vineyard and savour some of the best wines in the region matched with local produce while seated among barrels of ageing wine.
- We finish our day with a 4WD adventure and walk on a spectacular section of the Cape to Cape Track – the Wilyabrup Cliffs. We have special government approval to use a 4WD track that offers stunning cliff top views. High above the Indian Ocean the epic scenery, fresh sea breezes and surrounding ancient soils provide a deeper understanding of the unique terroir of the Margaret River region. A great opportunity for the kids to possibly spot dolphins, sharks, whales, kangaroos, eagles and wildflowers . They are all seasonal, but all possible.
Availability for Private Family Touring is extremely limited. We recommend booking as far in advance as possible. Rates vary depending on the season from $750 in low season to $1000 in peak season. These rates include canoe hire, morning tea, lunch and premium wine, plus national park entry.
Contact Sean to enquire about availability and price quote at email@example.com
Please provide the dates of your holiday and total number of guests and ages.
Margaret River Discovery Tours
Sean Blocksidge is the owner operator of the Margaret River Discovery Company, an avid photographer, blogger and South West WA ambassador. In 2010 he won Western Australian Guide of the Year and his tours have been rated the #1 thing to do in Australia on the Tripadvisor website for the past two years.