Only one more sleep until the winner of the prestigious Jimmy Watson Memorial Trophy is announced!
Our favourite local winery, Fraser Gallop Estate have two wines listed as finalists in Australia’s most prestigious wine award. A phenomenal seven Margaret River producers are listed amongst this years finalists.
Jimmy Watson Memorial Trophy 2007 vintage finalists are:
- Fraser Gallop Estate – Cabernet Sauvignon
- Watershed Premium Wine – Awakening Cabernet
- Mount Langi Ghiran – Langi Shiraz
- Evans & Tate – Reserve Shiraz
- Charles Sturt University – Shiraz
- Xabregas – Shiraz
- Bay of Fires – Pinot Noir
- Paringa Estate – Pinot Noir
- Flametree – Cabernet Merlot
- Clockwork – Cabernet Merlot
- Amberley – Cabernet Merot
- Fraser Gallop Estate – Cabernet Merlot
- Millbrook – Limited Release Shiraz Cabernet
- Blackbilly – GSM
- Starvedog Lane – Shiraz Viognier
Fraser Gallop Estate Cheif Winemaker, Clive Otto says “The vintage of 2007 was a fantastic vintage for Margaret River reds.”
Based at Wilyabrup, in the heart of the Margaret River region, the Fraser Gallop Estate fruit is dry grown (no irrigation), hand-picked, and now made in its own new winery complex.
Whoever wins the Trophy tomorrow night, its a coup and a credit to the Winemaking team (Clive Otto and Kate Morgan) at FGE to have secured two nominations for the Jimmy Watson. The good news for Margaret River Discovery Company guests is that we have exclusive access to the Estate and will be amongst the first to taste their 07 Cabernet and Cabernet Merlot!
Margaret River Discovery Tours
Sean Blocksidge is the owner operator of the Margaret River Discovery Company, an avid photographer, blogger and South West WA ambassador. In 2010 he won Western Australian Guide of the Year and his tours have been rated the #1 thing to do in Australia on the Tripadvisor website for the past two years.